With external influences in the UK’s economic and political environment causing some nervousness and after a cautious trading period at the start to the year, Choice saw much-improved results in new orders and revenues to finish 2018 strongly.
Recurring and reactive maintenance revenues remained stable and we are pleased to report an upturn in capital revenues – primarily system installation activity – across most sectors. Staff turnover rates remain low and retention of experienced staff remains excellent. To continue to support growth, Choice further increased its staff numbers by 20% during 2018. A healthy order book gives us great optimism for continued success in 2019.
Installation activities throughout this year included:
- Security and fire systems fit-out at prestige private residence in South West London
- Multi-discipline security and fire fit-out at Central London office development
- Access control and turnstile installations at two campuses for a major south coast college
- Security systems fit-out for Hertfordshire based museum
- Fire system installation at Heathrow office refurbishment location
- Multi-discipline security fit-out at Central London university and residential accommodation
- Security systems fit-out for new East London primary school site
- Continuation of fire alarm upgrade project for major bank
- Security systems fit-out as part of Essex based college extension on fringes of Stanstead Airport
- Conclusion of security fit-out project for a major UK bank’s new hq premises
- Continuation of upgrade project at prestige hotel/residential premises in central London
As always, we acknowledge the dedication and commitment of our staff and loyalty of customers in contributing to our continued, successful development.
Mark Bettles, Barry Critchell, Peter Evans, Tony Evans